GAA Sprint Gala Meeting 3 2019
- 24th July 2019
- Scotstoun Stadium
- Glasgow Athletics Association
- Contact email
- Event websites
- Already entered?
- Update your entry
Please choose your event:
24th July 2019 at 6:00pmEntries closed
Wednesday 24th July 2019 is the final GAA Sprint Gala of the outdoor season taking place at Scotstoun Stadium, 18:00 - 21:00.
Events on offer include:
- 100m open to all age groups
- 400m for athletes U17 and over
- Sprint Hurdles for athletes in the U13 age group and over
- Mixed Hurdle Relay *4 x 80m Hurdles (at U17W specifications, open to all U17 and above).
- High Jump for athletes in the Under 13 age group and over
- Discus for athletes in the Under 15 age group and over
All races will be run from slowest to fastest.
Athlete's will be given the opportunity to enter two 100m races for the night
There will be a maximum of 12 athletes in each field event pool, if entries exceed this we will open up a second pool, to a maximum of 24 athletes per event. Athletes will be given 6 throws in the discus. Height progressions in the high jump will be pre set but are still to be confirmed.
The maximum number of athletes for the meeting will be around 200.
Entries will operate on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis, once the event is full entries will close, so enter quick to avoid missing out. We will aim to operate a waiting list if the events fill up so please inform us if you are no longer able to compete.
Rolling over from our first and second Sprint Gala we’re delighted to announce that both the men’s and women’s 100m race have a whopping £450 prize pot up for grabs!
Any athlete to run equal to or less than the target time of 10.75 and 12.05 respectively will get a splice of the £450 prize pot.
Athletes will have the chance to get their hands on some £££ is they meet the following target times:
- £450 (Rollover) 100m Men - 10.75
- £450 (Rollover) 100m Women - 12.05
- £200 400m Men - Time TBC
- £200 400m Women - Time TBC
- £80 Mixed Hurdle Relay*
* Prize pot money available to fastest mixed relay team, subject to three club/squad teams running
Any athlete to run the time will split the pot, i.e. if only one 100m male runner runs 10.75 he will take the £450 prize pot, if 3 athletes run 10.75 they will each receive £150, and so on for each event.
|18:30||Discus, High Jump|
|18:40||100m (first round and single race)|
|20:20||100m (second round)|
|21:00||Mixed Hurdle relay|
*Final timetable will be available once entries close (Wednesday 17th).
For further information, please contact email@example.com
***Scottish Athletics Licensed Event***