Child Welfare and Protection in Sport (CWPS)
Please choose your event:
CWPS 25th March 2024
25th March 2024 at 6:00pmEntries close 24th March 2024
CWPS 29th April 2024
29th April 2024 at 6:00pmEntries close 28th April 2024
Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport Training (CWPS)
16 years + who are in regulated work, delivering or leading sporting activities.
eLearning module introduces you to the basic theory, knowledge and practice which underpins child wellbeing and protection in sport. On average it should take around 30 minutes to complete the module and you MUST complete this module before attending Module 2.
By the end of module 1 learners will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by ‘child wellbeing and protection’
- Recognise the value of a child-centered approach to child wellbeing and protection
- Identify good practice in relation to child wellbeing and protection and how this impacts the sports environment
- Recognise the legislative and policy framework around child wellbeing and protection
- Identify and respond to possible child wellbeing or protection concerns
- Identify the limits of your safeguarding role and know when to get support
A 3 hour online training course lead by one of sportscotland’s approved tutors. Learners must complete both modules to gain the qualification and receive their certificate.
By the end of module 2 learners will:
- Be introduced to the Spectrum of Practice and use it to consider, evaluate and respond to common coaching scenarios
- Receive an introduction to the factors that create a culture of poor practice
- Identify barriers to disclosure
- Cover the process for responding to concerns
- Put the responding to concerns process into practice to deal with serval complex cases